Nursery students were introduced to phonic sound /e/. They produced /e/ sound and mentioned the objects that are started with /e/ such as elephant, exit, enter, egg and eggplant. To go further, we had cooking time and made baked eggplant with cheese or quail’s egg. The students learned the ingredients used, the transformation and the process in the making. They courageously ate and even enjoyed the healthy yet tasty snack. Well done children!
Nursery Rainbow and Sky
Nursery Sun and Moon
Want to try some? Here is the recipe:
Baked Eggplant With Cheese Topping
You Will Need:
- 1 large eggplant sliced
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup of pasta sauce
- 1 cup of Fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of Fresh Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the milk and salt in a bowl. Add the eggplant slices to the bowl and let them soak in the mix for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour, breadcrumbs, Salt, and seasoning. Grease a sheet pan.
- Toss the eggplant slices into the breadcrumb mix and then place them on the greased sheet.
- Bake until both sides of the eggplant slices turn golden. Now, top the eggplant with the pasta sauce and cheese. Heat the eggplant until the cheese melts
There are plenty more recipes of healthy food that are child-friendly. You may click here.